Long-Term Care Sector
About Long-Term Care Home Health Service Providers
The resources and information in this section are for use by the long-term care home providers funded by the South West LHIN which include nursing, municipal and charitable homes. For staff contact information, please use our Callpath.
Long-Term Care Homes Network
The South West LHIN has a dedicated webpage for the Long-Term Care Homes Network that includes documents from the May 30 Forum in Stratford
- Starting January 1, 2013, Long-Term Care Homes will not be required to obtain pre-approval by the LHIN for equipment purchases. However, equipment purchases are still subject to the Guidelines for Eligible Expenditures. Please follow the link to the guideline document under Policies/Guidelines
Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreements (L-SAA)
For L-SAA Reporting Requirements updated on August 6, 2013 click here
Click below for a generic copy of the 2013-2016 L-SAA templates:
LTC Home Bed Distribution
- Map of the LTC Homes in the South West LHIN
- Map of the Short Stay beds in the South West LHIN
- Bed Ratios Using Population Projection Data
- LTC Home Bed Availability by Distance
- South West LHIN Redevelopment Survey Results
Policies / Guidelines
- To access a copy of the Long- Term Care Homes Act, 2007 please click here.
- To access a copy of the Long-Term Care Home License Transaction Protocol, please click here
Related policies are articulated in the Long-Term Care Home Service Accountability Agreement (L-SAA),
use the following links to access applicable Policies, Guidelines, Directives, Standards and Tools listed in Schedule F of the L-SAA and can be found on the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care webpage:
Applicable legislation and Long-Term Care facility program manual are presently being developed.
A copy of the Broader Public Sector Supply Chain Guideline, 2009 is provided below. These guidelines have been prepared to support and help improve supply chain activities at Ontario’s BPS organizations.
The following links are provided for long-term care health service providers. If you do not see the information you are looking for, please use our Callpath to find your LHIN Finance contact.